Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tuna Salad


Tuna salad gets some bad publicity for having that mushy texture but it tastes amazing. Here is an improved version of my tuna salad. I used to make it simpler but adding tomatoes and red onions twists it at the perfect angle. There not much to say about it other than I like to make it the night before so it chills. In the morning, the salad tastes even better because flavors have had the chances to mix. You can use chunky tuna pieces if you really dislike the texture. I love it anyway because it's all about the flavor.

Ingredients

1 can of tuna in water (drained)
1/3 of red onion
1 large tomato
3 tbsps of sweet pickle relish
4 tbsps of fat free mayonnaise (tastes better than regular)
Bread

How to ...

1. Mix drained tuna with cubed tomato, diced onions, relish, and mayonnaise. 
2. Cool salad in fridge for 1 hour at least.
3. Serve on toasted french bread (my favorite).


No comments:

Post a Comment